To share with children in kindergarten through second grade the readings and Gospel in terms they understand
What is CLOW?
- During Mass, children are invited to gather for the Children’s Liturgy of the Word in the chapel.
- The CLOW leader presents the Scriptures at the children’s level and how it pertains to them in their own life.
- After the Prayers of the Faithful, the children return to their families for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- CLOW is offered at every Mass at the main campus except Sunday 7:30 am. No registration or fee is required.
- There is a great deal of interaction between the children and leader, and is a very rewarding experience.
- CLOW Leader Commitment involves lesson preparation and Mass time only. Volunteers receive training and must attend Protecting God’s Children Workshop. Confirmed teens are welcome to teach with two adults present.
- Adult Shepherd Not ready to be a CLOW leader but still want to get involved? Adult shepherds assist the children during the Liturgy. Volunteers must attend Protecting God’s Children Workshop.
- Teen Shepherd Teen shepherds assist the children during the liturgy. Volunteers should be sixth grade or above.
Mass time and lesson preparation (less than one hour) approximately once a month.
Greatest needs are Saturday 5:30 pm and Sunday, 9 am, 10:45 am, 12:30 pm and 5:30 pm Masses.
Note to parents: We welcome children in kindergarten to second grade. While we would love to invite all children, we ask that you not send younger or older children as the activities are geared to this age group. We appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter.
To sign up for this ministry or ask a question, email Sara Gerbino.
New to volunteering at St. Matthew? Please read our Safe Environment Policy.