2020.2021 Program Year
A beautiful and exciting year awaits your son or daughter. This is the year your child will prepare to experience God’s love and forgiveness through the sacrament of reconciliation, and to receive Jesus in the sacrament of the Eucharist. Below you will find the important dates and information necessary to help support you in getting them ready for the moment of grace in which they receive God’s mercy through reconciliation for the first time. Please note that all meetings, retreats and celebrations of the sacraments will take place at the Ballantyne campus.
Parent Learning Opportunities - Participation by one parent is necessary in these meetings (in person or virtually)
It is the responsibility of the parish to provide you with what you need to prepare your child for reception of the Sacraments. The first step in this process is for one parent to be present at two Parent Learning Opportunities, one in the fall prior to First Reconciliation and one in the late winter prior to First Eucharist. This year, there will be in-person and virtual parent learning opportunities lasting approximately 45 minutes. Registered parents will receive a Sign-up Genius on September 28th to register for one of the following meetings:
- VIRTUAL – Saturday, October 3 @ 12:00PM or 1:00PM
- VIRTUAL – Tuesday, October 6 @ 9:00AM, 12:00PM or 5:30PM
- ON-CAMPUS IN BALLANTYNE– Wednesday, October 7 or 10:00AM in the Banquet Room of the New Life Center
- VIRTUAL – Thursday, October 8th @ 9:00AM, 12:00PM, or 5:30PM
A zoom link will be sent to all participants in the VIRTUAL meetings 24 hours prior to the time specified.
Parent-Child Sacramental Retreats
As your child is preparing during faith formation @MATT, @HOME or in Catholic School, there is one more parish preparatory step takes place through a beautiful two hour mini-retreat for you and your child. In mid-October, registered parents will receive a link and will have the opportunity to sign up for one of these retreats.
- Friday, November 20 retreats begin at 5, 5:30 or 6 pm.
- Saturday, November 21 retreats begin at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30 and 10, 10:30 or 11 am. Afternoon retreats begin at 12, 12:30, 1, 1:30 or 2 pm.
- Tuesday, November 22 retreats begin at 5, 5:30 or 6 pm.
Celebrations of First Reconciliation
On these evenings the children will experience God’s love, forgiveness in mercy in the sacrament of reconciliation. In mid-October, registered parents will receive a link and will have the opportunity to sign up for one of these celebrations.
- Tuesday, December 1 celebrations begin at 5, 5:30, 6, 6:30 or 7 pm
- Wednesday, December 2 celebrations begin at 5, 5:30, 6, 6:30 or 7 pm
- Thursday, December 3 celebrations begin at 5, 5:30, 6, 6:30 or 7 pm