Walking with Moms in Need is a ministry at St. Matthew that offers pregnant and parenting women friendship, confidential support, help with material needs, and connection to pregnancy-related resources. We host monthly “Hand Up Days” in our Parish Center where we provide diapers, clothes, and other baby items to moms who need a hand up in their motherhood journey. We welcome all in our community that need assistance to visit us – please check the St. Matthew Catholic Church social media and bulletins for upcoming dates and times!
Want to get involved and serve the moms in our community? We would love for you to join us! All are welcome – no experience is required! Here are some of the available volunteer opportunities:
- Sorting and hanging clothes between our events
- Hosting diaper drives
- Wrapping diapers for distribution
- Set up and clean up at our monthly events
- Donate diapers – our Amazon wish list makes it easy to donate the sizes we need and is updated regularly.
- Donate baby and toddler items in good condition – clothing accepted up to size 5T, car seats that were manufactured after 2018, strollers, pack n plays and other baby gear. Collection dates are posted to the St. Matthew Catholic Church social media and bulletins.
Respect Life Month 2023 – Call to Serve Walking with Moms in Need
Going hand in hand with the Respect Life Month 2023 theme of “Radical Solidarity” comes a call to action to serve the Walking with Moms in Need program. In the statement published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in September 2023, Melissa Scanlon, our St. Matthew Walking with Moms in Need ministry leader, shares the important impact that this ministry offers to our local communities.
Click the image to read the full statement.
Here’s a beautiful article written about our ministry, in the national publication Aleteia: One of the best ways to walk with moms in need (aleteia.org)
For more information, or if you or someone you know would like to speak with us confidentially about how we can assist you please contact, Melissa Scanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org.