Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome!
- Sit toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear what’s going on at the altar. They tire of seeing the backs of others’ heads.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Mass and actions of the priest, altar servers, choir, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the responses. Children learn by copying you.
- If you have to leave Mass with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the church, to God, and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
To other members of our parish:
The presence of children is a gift to the church, and they are a reminder that our parish is growing!
Please welcome our children and give a smile of encouragement to their parents. If you see a parent struggling, please offer to help them!