To help our neighbors in need through monthly collections of gently used clothing, furniture and household items which are distributed to parishioners and agencies in Charlotte, Union County and western North Carolina.
Your donations are distributed to a number of agencies that serve the homeless, the working poor, families affected by violence and abuse, refugees and veterans.
To better serve the charities in need, the ONLY items we will accept are as listed:
Kitchen tables and chairs
Dining room tables and chairs
Kitchenware (pots, pans, dishes, silverware)
Clothes that are in good condition
We will NOT accept:
Anything electrical, such as printers, computers, fax machines , etc.
Any furniture that is not on the list above
If you have items to donate that are not on our list of accepted items, please try calling the Habitat for Humanity Resell Store, Crisis Assistance Ministry, Catholic Charities and Monroe Outreach.
To Donate Items
- Arrange a pick up, with advance notification of no later than noon the Thursday before collection day, by contacting Catherine Sforza or 704-576-7776.
- Items may be dropped off at the parish on the second Saturday of each month from 8 am to 11 am, at the ramp behind the Daily Mass Chapel (see picture below).
- Pick up team: Pick up items from area homes. Need at least teams of two people with a pickup truck.
- Packing Team: Accept dropped off donations. Unload, sort donations, box items for shipment. Donated Goods warehouse is located under the Daily Mass Chapel. Access is from the rear of the church.
- High School teen volunteers are needed, but must preregister by contacting email@example.com.
- We are always looking for people with trucks to assist!
- Volunteers are needed from 8 am to 12 pm
Generally, four hours, the second Saturday of each month.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Catherine Sforza or 704-576-7776.
New to volunteering at St. Matthew? Please read our Safe Environment Policy.