Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations of food for our pantry or clothing, furniture or household goods at this time. Please watch for updates as we begin to reimplement these programs in order to assist those in need. We so appreciate the generous spirit of our parish! If you’re looking for a way to help those in need right now, check out the Faith and Family page of our website for ideas and ongoing opportunities:
To help others that are in need through monthly collections of gently used clothing, furniture and household items which are distributed to parishioners and agencies in Charlotte, Union County and western North Carolina.
Your donations are distributed to a number of agencies that serve the homeless, the working poor, and families affected by violence and abuse.
To better serve the charities in need, the ONLY items we will accept are as listed:
Kitchen tables and chairs
Dining room tables and chairs
Clothes that are in good condition
We will NOT accept:
Anything electrical, such as printers, computers, fax machines , etc.
Any furniture that is not on the list above
If you have items to donate that are not on our list of accepted items, please try calling the Habitat for Humanity Resell Store, Crisis Assistance Ministry, Catholic Charities and Monroe Outreach.
To Donate Items
- Arrange a pick up, with advance notification of no later than noon the Thursday before collection day, by contacting Catherine Sforza or 704-576-7776.
- Items may be dropped off at the parish on the second Saturday of each month from 8 am to 11 am, at the ramp behind the Daily Mass Chapel (see picture below).
- Items accepted: gently-used clothing, furniture, working appliances, household items and moving boxes. We are not able to accept mattresses and box springs, armoires, pianos, large TVs and drop-sided baby cribs.
- Pick up team: Pick up items from area homes. Need at least two people (usually men) per truck.
- Packing Team: Accept dropped off donations. Unload, sort donations, box items for shipment. Donated Goods warehouse is located under the Daily Mass Chapel. Access is from the rear of the church.
- Loading team: Load truck for delivery to western NC.
- High School teen volunteers are needed, but must preregister by contacting email@example.com.
- We are always looking for people with trucks to assist!
Generally, four hours, the second Saturday of each month. Volunteers also help with packing on Monday mornings after the 9 am Mass.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Kevin and Catherine Sforza or 704-576-7776.
New to volunteering at St. Matthew? Please read our Safe Environment Policy.