- We feed the body…by giving food and providing sustainability tools.
- We feed the mind…by supporting education.
- We feed the spirit…by growing faith communities through mission trips.
Accomplishments for 2017
- Grew Parishioner Involvement – Nearly 1,500 volunteers
- Packed 341,280 meals
- Expanded Local Food Pantry Support – 13,962 lbs
- Haiti- Supported two missions; Port-au-Prince and Cap Haitian. Continue to focus on sustainable programs- 229,000 lbs
- Jamaica- Supported the MOP and local residences- 87,000 lbs
- Education Support – St. Mark School- $20k
- Mission Trip = Greater Engagement. Oct 22nd
- 9 Containers: 8 Physical Containers, and 1 Virtual Container. Estimated value – $256k
|June 2||Signups for the Meal Packing Event Begin|
|June 16/17||Signups for Meal Packing Event in the Narthex|
|June 16||World Hunger Drive Food Collection Begins/Coupon Trees|
|June 30||Meal Packing Event|
|July 14/15||Last Weekend for World Hunger Food Drive Collections|
|July 14/15||Load and Ship Final World Hunger Drive Containers|
|October||Haiti Mission Trip|
Agencies served: Missionaries of the Poor, Catholic Charities Charlotte Diocese, 2nd Harvest Food Bank
Annual June/July food drive and meal packing event. Mission trips. Please visit www.worldhungerdrive.org.
One hour on up
For more information, email World Hunger Drive.
New to volunteering at St. Matthew? Please read our Safe Environment Policy.